Welcome

I have several interests to share through this blog including my love of needlework, quilting, cooking, and my pets, Molly and Butterscotch. Hopefully I will be able to keep up with adding to most of these areas over time. I hope you enjoy it.

Tuesday, November 22, 2016

A Labor of Love

About a year and a half ago I confessed what a mess my sewing room was and pledged to do some spring cleaning and get some order.  I made progress on and off over that time, but did not make a lot of headway.  My long term plan was to remove an old sewing cabinet/desk and add a couple of bookcases to the already existing two, plus do a little rearranging.  Earlier this month I decided to tear apart the room and buy the bookcases.  I'm proud to say that 10 days (and a very sore back) later, I am done!!  I'll show before and after pictures to show the fruits of my labors.  I'm so happy with how it turned out!

First, as you walk into the room...



The west wall with the old sewing cabinet...


...and the west wall with my craft armoire moved into its place.  I put some of my favorite sewing boxes on top and an old brass lamp.  


The south wall with the craft armoire and one of the bookcases on the right.  There is a second bookcase on the left that didn't make the photo.  


The south wall with the two new bookcases in the middle.  I was so excited to get matching ones for the two that I bought several years ago!  

The southeast corner with my cutting table...

The southeast corner with the cutting table rotated 90 degrees and one leaf dropped.  

...close-ups of my cutting table/desk work area...


...and finally the north wall



One last picture of my Butterscotch photo bombing.  He has found his new hang out place.


I'm so excited with how everything came together...even better than what I had imagined it would.  Now to put it to good use!

Happy Thanksgiving,
Sue



 


 


 

 


 

 
 

 


 
 


 


 


 

5 comments:

  1. Your sewing room is so pretty.
    Glad you found bookcases to match, they are so nice.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great! I like the bookcase you added plus the wooden chest/armoire that the TV sits on. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow ~ great job! I love the bookshelves with the doors on the lower half. Can you tell us where you found them? And thank you for sharing these pics. You've inspired more then a few of us, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christine, the bookcases are from Sauder's Harbor View line. I got mine locally at a place called Furniture Outfitters and they shop. Here are the links.

      http://www.furnitureoutfittersindy.com/158085-Harbor-View-Library-by-Sauder.html

      http://www.furnitureoutfittersindy.com/158082-Harbor-View-Library-with-Doors-by-Sauder.html

      Delete
  4. It's a great room. I love the wall color. My daughter and I have a "sewing room" in our unfinished basement. It needs a lot of attention and love over the Christmas break.

    ReplyDelete