Welcome

I have several interests to share through this blog including my love of needlework, quilting, cooking, and my pets, Molly and Butterscotch. Hopefully I will be able to keep up with adding to most of these areas over time. I hope you enjoy it.

Thursday, August 4, 2016

Everyday Crazy Tablemat Class

I have always wanted to learn Lisa Bongean's process for wool appliqué so when I needed to take additional vacation time this summer I decided to sign up for her class.  While the class was for intermediate students and I had never done wool appliqué, I felt that my experience with needework and quilting would serve me well and hopefully I wouldn't be overwhelmed.  Lisa was such a good teacher and went through all of the steps so it was easy for us to follow.  The class was held at her studio/warehouse so we we led on a tour of the areas where she dyes her wools, warehouses supplies, cuts all the parts for kits, prints her books and spends her days designing and creating her beautiful quilts.  We were also the first to here that her article for American Pathwork and Quilting magazine was about to be published.  



Here is my piece after two days of class.  I still have a lot of work to do, but feel it is coming along nicely and can't wait to get it finished!  


I love working with the Valdani per level cottons and acquired a nice little stash on my trip.  Here is how I decided to organize them.


This weekend I have a class with Lauren Sauer for her "Book of Berries".  

Best Stitches,
Sue


 
 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great time.
    What a pretty tablemat.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete