Welcome

I have several interests to share through this blog including my love of needlework, quilting, cooking, and my pets, Molly and Butterscotch. Hopefully I will be able to keep up with adding to most of these areas over time. I hope you enjoy it.

Friday, July 15, 2016

Summer Classes are Underway

Since my last post I was able to get all of the pre-stitching done for the two Jackie du Plesis classes I took through Western Reserve Sampler Guild.  We left bright and early last Friday morning so we would have time to explore the Amish area south of Akron.   Our main stop was at a huge hardware store that specializes in non-electric household and hardware needs.  The highways in the area were a bit narrow, and quite windy and hilly.  Since I was driving there was no way to get pictures, however I was finally able to coax by BFF into taking one picture.  



 Here are the finished models of the instructor's pieces for the classes we took.

The Unplayed Piano Etui...

 


 ...and Behold Thy Beauty.  

 

I will most likely start on Behold Thy Beauty as it's not as complex to assemble and is such a beautiful piece.  

In the meantime I'm getting ready for a trip to Wisconsin to take a wool appliqué class at Primitive Gatheirngs with Lisa Bongean.  The piece measures 22" x 15" and is called the Everyday Crazy Tablemat.  I'm looking forward to learning Lisa's techniques for wool appliqué.  After class is over I'll spend a few days in Door County...hoping to take some good pictures on my Wisconsin trip. 


I've also been busy in the sewing room and made my first Schlep Bag.  This one is a gift and I'm happy with how it turned out.  I will definitely be making more.  


We have a class this weekend with Brian Haggard who specializes in hand embroidery and crazy quilting.  We'll be machine a pin cushion mounted on a wrought iron clamp for a class with our sampler guild.  I'll try to get some pictures to post at a later date.

...and finally Lauren Sauer is coming in three weeks to teach Book f Berries.  I'm looking forward to seeing my friends from Minnesota!

Happy Stitching,
Sue
 
 

 

2 comments:

  1. What wonderful classes you have been to with `Unplayed Piano Etui` and `Behold Thy Beauty`.
    They are beautifully stitched. Congratulations it`s so nice to have finished work. Plus a lovely memory of going to the classes. Happy Stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you have some great classes coming up.
    Your bag turned out so pretty.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete