Welcome

I have several interests to share through this blog including my love of needlework, quilting, cooking, and my pets, Molly and Butterscotch. Hopefully I will be able to keep up with adding to most of these areas over time. I hope you enjoy it.

Monday, July 13, 2015

Well, that was interesting...storms blow through this morning!

I woke up this morning to a dream where I was in the basement of my old nursing school and catch site of a big black tornado coming our way.

Move forward a few hours and I am working at my desk.  It gets really dark in my house all of a sudden and I take a look outside.  My patio furniture is on it's side due to 50+ mph straight line winds.  

Here is a picture of the storm coming across the reservoir just a little north of me...



Here is a picture of the main road going through my town just two doors down from my old house...



...the road was closed for a few hours as they cleaned up the mess.  

I'm so happy I built a house with a basement!  It looks like we're in for another round of bad storms tonight.  I guess Molly and I will be sleeping in the basement.    

Best stitches,
Sue

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that looks like a wicked storm.
    Hope it didn't do too much damage.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete