Welcome

I have several interests to share through this blog including my love of needlework, quilting, cooking, and my pets, Molly and Butterscotch. Hopefully I will be able to keep up with adding to most of these areas over time. I hope you enjoy it.

Thursday, May 7, 2015

50th Anniversary Trip ~ Longaberger, More Needlework, Antiques and then home!

The final leg of our 50th Anniversary trip started on Thursday, April 30th.  We headed up to the Longaberger Homestead for shopping and basket making.  We had always wanted to go, and it was less than an hour's drive north of I-70.  I searched online and saw that they were running a special on Thursdays for their make it yourself baskets.  We arrived in the afternoon and made an appointment for 2:30 so we could grab a bite of lunch at the cafe'.  The basket we chose was the Small Storage Solutions Basket which measures 10 3/4” long x 9 3/4” wide x 4 3/4” high and has leather handles.  We were able to choose our own colors for the middle section weave and the top band.  My favorite color combination is purple and sage.  We were also able to customize with tack jackets.  They had started the bottom of the basket for us and got us started with the weaving of the sides.  Our guide finished off the top band while we each hammered in the tacks along with the "Bee" tack jackets.  I think it turned out really well for my first time ever with basket weaving.  


We also added the tag "Happy Anniversary" in honor of the trip!



We stayed the night in Hebron, Ohio where we found a nice family run restaurant for dinner.  On Friday, we continued our drive West to visit our 3rd needlework shop of the trip to Cross My Heart in Columbus, OH and then ventured on to the final stop of the trip to Heart of Ohio Antique Center.  This antique mall boasts 116,000 square feet of goodies for us to peruse.  We made it through the entire place in just a few hours.  We each found some choice pieces of glass.  This was my haul for the day - seven pieces of glass for just $34.  



We made it home before dark, unpacked the car and called it a very successful trip!  Overall we traveled about 2000 miles and a wonderful time was had by both!!!

Best stitches,
Sue    

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely basket you were able to weave and I like the special touches you added. Thank you for sharing your anniversary trip with up. What a wonderful adventure you and your friend had!

    Robin in Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has been so much fun following along on this adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great basket and pretty glassware.
    I enjoyed following you on your trip, what a fantastic idea.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went to Longaberger the first year I was married (19 years ago) and made a gathering basket while I was there. It was FUN! They have upped the options I see :) Yours is darling!

    ReplyDelete