Welcome

I have several interests to share through this blog including my love of needlework, quilting, cooking, and my pets, Molly and Butterscotch. Hopefully I will be able to keep up with adding to most of these areas over time. I hope you enjoy it.

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

The Beekeepr

Once again - the bee skip just draws me in.  This was a Nashville market exclusive kit from a couple of years ago.  I was lucky enough to get it for 20% off at Stitchville at their Spring Fling in 2014.  







This is a sampler that is going to get the Jill Rensel touch.  She framed it for another customer and I fell in love with the way she did the matting.  The overall effects was stunning.  To see what I am talking about, go to her blog post from August 6, 2014 @ http://renselstudio.blogspot.com/

While I love the way this turned out, I did not love the linen choice in the kit.  It fought me the whole time as it was so stiff and hard on the floss.  A couple of the colors would just shred if I wasn't careful.  I ended up waxing the floss to give it some extra strength.

Until tomorrow...will it be The Fold or Sampler Hill?  We'll just have to wait and see!  

Best Stitches, 
Sue   

4 comments:

  1. Oh this is wonderful! Cannot wait to see what Jill does with this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very darling! I have it in my stash, not a stitch placed :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this in my stash, and thanks for the advice about using wax. Yours is lovely...and will be wonderful framed.

    ReplyDelete