Welcome

I have several interests to share through this blog including my love of needlework, quilting, cooking, and my pets, Molly and Butterscotch. Hopefully I will be able to keep up with adding to most of these areas over time. I hope you enjoy it.

Friday, March 6, 2015

New New Project

Well I decided on my next project.  Awhile back while organizing my stash, I put together projects that were already kitted or had all of the supplies for.  The one that called out to me was "Quaker Garden" (Loose Feather #19) from Blackbird Designs.  I am using the called for linen which is 30 count Garden State Java.  The stitches seem so big after working on 35 and 40 count linen so much.

Here is my progress to date.  




The one change that I made is to do the bird entirely in WDW Dolphin instead of what the pattern called for which was to outline in Dolphin and fill in with Sampler Threads - Shaker White.  I had stitched it as charted and just did not like the stark white with the bird.  I ripped it all out and started over with all blue.  I am so much happier with it.  I like the simpler look, less fussy.  My one regret is that I didn't take a before picture to show the difference.  


BTW, I got the call this week that my samplers were finished and ready to ship from Jill Rensel.  They will be here later today.  I will post pictures once I have had a chance to show them at stitch group on Thursday so look for a post on Friday the 13th..  


Best stitches,

Sue

3 comments:

  1. I have stitched this one; it's one of my favorites. Can't wait to see your framed pieces!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cathy, they came today and they turned out better than I imagined. Maybe you'll get to see the, in person in a couple of weeks.

      Delete
  2. Another pretty project.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete