Welcome

I have several interests to share through this blog including my love of needlework, quilting, cooking, and my pets, Molly and Butterscotch. Hopefully I will be able to keep up with adding to most of these areas over time. I hope you enjoy it.

Sunday, March 1, 2015

Busy Stitching

Well, Spring is almost here and I have been busy stitching my fingers away this winter.  I am planning to post my finishes in a few different posts so you can get some detail of the finishes rather than just one shot of each.  

First, I am going to show Autumn Gifts.  This is a sampler designed by Paulette Stewart from Plum Street Samplers that I took as a class at the Shepherd's Bush retreat.  It will be released in Autumn 2015.  







She also designed a couple of pin cushions that uses some of  the elements from the sampler.  I have stitched one of them, not sure if I am going to do the other.



After we returned from Utah - I took a class from Lauren Sauer - "Summerfield Smalls" along with the "Summerfield Smalls Afterthoughts".  This is the bag that everything fits in.  We hand stitched the bag in class, then I added the ribbon to the top for the cording closure afterwords.  



Later, I will post finishes of Sampler Hill, Miss Baxter's House. The Beekeeper and the first 3 parts of The Fold.  

Best Stitches,
Sue


2 comments:

  1. Wow, you have been going like gangbusters! Love the colors in the Plum Street piece. Just a couple more weeks and I'll be coming your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very pretty design, and great stitching.
    Love the Autumn colors in this one.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete