Welcome

I have several interests to share through this blog including my love of needlework, quilting, cooking, and my pets, Molly and Butterscotch. Hopefully I will be able to keep up with adding to most of these areas over time. I hope you enjoy it.

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

More Finishes

It was so nice to be off for a week to do nothing but rest, relax and stitch.  I also did some finishing and some shopping.  

I finished the Three Ships sampler from Shepherds Bush.  I am thinking of sending this one off to Jill Rensel to frame as it needs the Rensel touch.  


I also finished stitching the first piece from the Shepherds Bush Fold.  I will post a photo of it mounted in the box as some as it is done.


I immediately started stitching the scissor fob for Part 2 of the Fold and am all done with the stitching part...now on to assembly.  I will post photos of that when I show the assembled box.

I spent some time getting some finishing done as well.  The first two are pin cushions from Shepherds Bush.  I backed the one on the right with some pretty hand dyed purple wool that I had in my stash, then thought that the hand dyed chenille was the perfect touch.  


Pansy Flower Pin Cushion from Dames of the Needle:


Spools of My Thread from Notforgotten Farms:

The Original Sewing and Quilting Expo was held in Indianapolis last week.  I attended only the shopping portion.  Primitive Gatherings had a booth there which was my main reason for attending.  There was a little pocket book damage, but I mainly concentrated on her wool pin cushion kits and half-yard fabric pre-cuts.  

On Friday, I was able to attend a special opening party for Stacy Nash's new studio in Fortville, IN.  She has done a tremendous job rehabbing the space and decorating it in only the way that Stacy can.  I was able to get her new pattern, Miss Baxter's House from her new series.  That will be the next project on my plate once I finish the Needleworker Sampler from With Thy Needle and Thread.  

Best Stitches,
Sue



5 comments:

  1. Three Ships is so pretty, as is The Fold.
    Your other projects turned out cute to.
    You've been busy!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be a perfect week in my book! See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful selection of finishes. I don't know about relaxing, you've been busy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful projects!
    Found your blog on the prim stitcher's facebook group. HELLO!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great finishes! ... thank you for signing up to follow my blog! ... blessed be! Enjoy your day.. ~ronda

    ReplyDelete