Welcome

I have several interests to share through this blog including my love of needlework, quilting, cooking, and my pets, Molly and Butterscotch. Hopefully I will be able to keep up with adding to most of these areas over time. I hope you enjoy it.

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Trip out East

Molly and I made the drive out to Upper Marlboro, Maryland to visit John for the Labor Day weekend.  It is a 10 hour, plus drive and the longest trip Molly has ever made.  She did VERY well and I would be more than happy to do the trip with her again...just not too soon.  Doesn't she look happy to see her Dad?


On Saturday, we drove down to Alexandria, VA to visit Fort Belvior.  Who knew there would be a needlework shop in town?  Thank goodness for Google Search.  As most of us do when visiting a new area, we seek out the LNS.  I found the shop In Stitches to be one of the nicest shops I have visited.  They were very nice and helpful, plus they offer a 10% discount if you are a member of a guild.  That saved me quite a bit on this trip!


They had all of my favorite pieces from the St. Charles market including the limited edition kits from With Thy Needle and Thread and La-D-Da, plus the freebie from Shepherd's Bush.  


The first step is to hand dye the linen for the Forget-me-not Sampler with coffee.  I guess that will be one of my projects for the weekend.  I love the sunflower button for the SB piece!

We made it back last night tired, but happy to be back home.  Next weekend it's off to another Ellen Chester class up in the Chicago area.  More to come after that trip!

Happy Stitching,
Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment