Welcome

I have several interests to share through this blog including my love of needlework, quilting, cooking, and my pets, Molly and Butterscotch. Hopefully I will be able to keep up with adding to most of these areas over time. I hope you enjoy it.

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Better Late Than Never

It's been quite some time since I posted last.  It has been a busy year since I returned from the Shepherd's Bush retreat.  

Family-wise, John transferred to Andrews Air Force base in January.  He stayed with his sister for a few months in the D.C. area until they sold their home last week.  He has rented a place 15-20 minutes from the base, and the movers came a couple of weeks ago to take his things to him.  Now comes the time for cleaning a rearranging here at my house.

My niece gave birth to twins early this year.  Meet Kynedi (left) and Jase (right).  They are both growing and healthy, and keeping my niece busy along with their 2 older brothers.





Needlework Update:

Our local sampler guild had Stacy Nash teach in January.  We completed our pre-stitching then did most of the assembly in class.  I love how everything turned out.  


I finally finished stitching my Elizabethan Casket Etui from Betsy Morgan and turned my attention to the finishing work.  I started with the pin cube first, then the scissor fob, and the remainder of the smalls leaving the casket construction for last.  Betsy's instructions were so good that I was able to pick them up 1 1/2 years after taking the class's and be able to put it together without too much difficulty.  Below are the fronts and backs of all of the pieces.



I wanted to be sure to have this project completed as our sampler guild scheduled Betsy to come teach the Toy Chest Etui in June.  We had a great turn-out with 20 participants.  We met some new friends from Pennsylvania, Illinois and Minnesota.  Below is a picture of Betsy's completed piece.  


In May I drove to Cincinnati to take Ellen Chester's "A Lady's Worke Box" class.  I am actively stitching on it in my rotation along with Jeanette Douglas' "My Story" sampler from SB retreat 2010, Shepherd's  Bush "Three Ships" sampler from their retreat in 2012, and a couple of small projects.  I will post pictures of those projects later.

In June, I taught a little workshop for my sampler guild to make these sweet pincushions.  Aren't they adorable?  I left a few sitting on the kitchen table one day, and my cat decided that they made excellent cat toys.  What was I thinking, of course they make PURRFECT cats toys!



Finally, I'll post my framed sampler from Paulette Stewart of Plum Street samplers.  Her "Yuletide Welcome" was her project from SB retreat last year.  I stitched this piece in memory of my Mom who passed away just after Christmas 2011.  I consider the angel located at the upper left hand side of the house house to be my guardian angel...my Mom.  



I framed it just like Paulette did with one of my favorite frames from Hobby Lobby.  My local store does a very nice job with needlework and it makes my pieces look vintage.  

Until later (hopefully not several months later), happy stitching!

Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment