Welcome

I have several interests to share through this blog including my love of needlework, quilting, cooking, and my pets, Molly and Butterscotch. Hopefully I will be able to keep up with adding to most of these areas over time. I hope you enjoy it.

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Another Update

Happy Saturday all!  This summer is moving along so fast, it seems like the weekends are here before I know it.  Then they're over just as fast.  It's a beautiful day here in Indiana.  The sun is shining, temps in the low 80's and everything is so green it's like May.  Usually by now I'm mowing every other week.

In between yard work and cleaning/reorganizing the house, I have gotten quite a bit of stitching in.  Here is a quick stitch that I finished up in a couple of evenings.  I have one of the round boxes that Shepherd's Bush has designed interchangeable inserts for.  I had Halloween in the box, it's now time to Mae it summer.


Earlier this year, I joined the Ladies Prim Society through Dyeing to Stitch.  This was the first project from Threadwork Primitives.  I am so happy with how it turned out.  


It's a pretty sewing case lined with fabric from Moda.  I contacted Nan from Threadwork Primitives and she gave me the color number to be able to order more, which I did.  I just love the monochromatic floral paisley pattern!  I now have 2 yards to play with for other projects.


Finally, here is a picture of Charland's Needlework case from the 2010 Shepherds Bush retreat.  It is stitched with silks, Charland's special silver charms, and lining fabric from Blackbird Designs.  I did the assembly myself and am happy with how it all turned out.


The charm on the inside represents our favorite stitch - a beautiful Queen Stitch charm.


I also love bees and dragonflies, so this was a perfect piece for me.

Best Stitches,
Sue

5 comments:

  1. Such gorgeous pieces and babies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue, great job on your finishes! I love them....and always fun to complete those great projects. Summer is going fast so we need to enjoy it while we can here in the midwest.

    pam in iowa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello

    Just found your blog.
    Beautiful stitching!
    The twins are so lovely.
    Hope you have a good week (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. What wonderful finishes. I also love the doily!

    ReplyDelete