Welcome

I have several interests to share through this blog including my love of needlework, quilting, cooking, and my pets, Molly and Butterscotch. Hopefully I will be able to keep up with adding to most of these areas over time. I hope you enjoy it.

Monday, April 18, 2011

New Framed Pieces

In February, I promised photos of the completed framed pieces that I had taken in.  I had finished Just Nan's "Last Stitches of 1999" 12-31-99 and started "First Stitches of 2000" 1-1-00.  I got them back from the framer, but I have not been able to get any photos that you can see the detail yet. 

Instead, here are three out of the four pieces that I took in for framing in March.  I love the hand-painted mats by Jill Rensel - they are so worth it!!  I just picked them up this weekend and will get the fourth one back this Satruday.  I hope you enjoy them.

"Busy" by Shepherd's Bush
"Meadow Hill by Shepherd's Bush

"Far Away" by Shepherd's Bush



I also have finished stitching "Peter's Patch" - also by Shepherd's Bush.  I completed his companion piece, Sophie's Roses a few years ago and it turned out beautifully with a silver filet, lavendar mat and silver toned carved frame.  I plan to match the framing and perhaps change out the color of the matting for Peter. 

1 comment: