Welcome

I have several interests to share through this blog including my love of needlework, quilting, cooking, and my pets, Molly and Butterscotch. Hopefully I will be able to keep up with adding to most of these areas over time. I hope you enjoy it.

Sunday, January 16, 2011

More Photos

Yesterday I got caught up finishing 5 Shepherd's Bush Needle Rolls that I had stitched awhile back.  I fired up the sewing machine and off I went.  I have completed 7 of these and just love how they finish up.  The directions are easy to follow and they are all so darling. 

From Left to Right - Violet Needle Roll, Garden Roll, In My Garden Roll, Beehive Roll, and Shepherd's Roll



Yesterday, I ended up at Hobby Lobby to get fiberfill to complete the needle rolls.  While I was there, I found a couple of pairs of scissors that coordinated well with the before pictured scissor fobs.  I decided they looked best displayed in this cherry shaker sewing tray that I bought at the Shaker Village at Pleasant Hill, KY.  Don't they look perfect in there?



The is a Chatelaine from The Drawn Thread desings.  I took this class in 1996 from Cynthia Zittel of The Dranw Thread desings.  It is one of my treasured pieces and wanted to make sure that I shared it with you. 

4 comments:

  1. Your stitching is absolutely beautiful, Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of your finishes, Sue, but especially the Drawn Thread piece! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. stunning work! and welcome to the blog world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for posting your photos! I found an unstuffed needle roll at a thrift shop today. It seemed to be familiar in design and after a lot of googling I've determined it's the Garden Roll with the sun charm. I cannot believe it ended up in a thrift shop!! The work was nicely done. I'm going to give it a gentle wash, and then stuff it and cherish having it. :)

    ReplyDelete