Welcome

I have several interests to share through this blog including my love of needlework, quilting, cooking, and my pets, Molly and Butterscotch. Hopefully I will be able to keep up with adding to most of these areas over time. I hope you enjoy it.

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

"Finch Song" is complete

Well, I was up until 1 AM completing the final stitches, adding the charms and pressing Shepherd's Bush "Finch Song". 


I love the rich antique colors of this sampler. This was originally designed as the class piece for the Shepherd's Bush retreat in 2008, and then published in 2009 for commercial sales.  The piece that Tina designed for the 2010 retreat is reminisent of this one, only bigger! 

I also finished a little autumn sample designed by Jeanette Douglas (also one of the instructors at the retreat), that was kitted up and sold at the retreat shop.  I love the puples, greens and oranges in this sampler - makes me wish that winter was over and we were on to warmer weather. 

2 comments: